Chinyere is a Partner at a top tier Law Firm headquartered in Lagos-Nigeria and has over 30 year’s practical experience, covering varied areas of law, but specialising in Intellectual Property and Medico-Legal Law.
Having started her career immediately after school, and now at the pinnacle of her career, Chinyere has acquired the first-hand experience on the challenges associated with building a successful career, attaining a work-life balance and embracing the necessary diverse role changes along the way.
She speaks regularly at workshops, seminars and conferences (locally and internationally) on varied topics. With a passion for assisting young women reach their full potential, particularly in the workplace, Chinyere founded and runs a Career Mentorship program called Heels & Ladders, designed to help smart female professionals, navigate the career ladder, in their heels and achieve their desired career growth, in a structured and nurturing environment. This program is designed to assist female professionals to better position themselves for the C- Suit roles, navigate the career ladder and develop the mindset & skills required to leverage on their talents, and step into roles of greater influence.
Chinyere uses her vast experience, gathered throughout her career journey, to juggle the balls of life, and the usual push and pool experienced by women who are striving for career growth, as well as chasing the elusive work-life balance.
She helps them achieve accelerated career growth, in a structured and nurturing environment in the shortest possible time, by taking them through her signature 6 Module Career Progression Course.
This ensures that they achieve the desire career growth without having to choose career over family or vice versa.
Appointments & Recognition
- Vice-Chairperson, Nigerian Bar Association(NBA) Women Forum.
- Council Member & Treasurer; NBA, Section on Business Law.
- Chairperson, Intellectual Property (IP) Committee – NBA, Section on Business Law.
- Patron of the Law Society, Faculty of Law, University of Lagos.
- Member – Dispute Resolution Panel, Nigerian Copyright Commission.
- Nominated as one of Nigeria’s 50 most influential women in the Legal Profession (Business Day Newspaper, April 2011).
- Ranked in Chambers Global 2016 – 2020, as a Leading Individual in IP in Nigeria.
- Recognised as an expert in Who Is Who Legal Nigeria, 2017 – 2020.
- Recognised in the Trademark Law Practitioners Expert Guides (2012 – 2020).
- IP Star (2014 – 2020), in Managing Intellectual Property.
- Recognised as one of the Worlds’ Leading Trademark Professionals 2016 – 2020 in the World Trademark Report WTR 1000, UK.
- Recognised in Euromoney’s Women in Business Law Expert Guide 2020